Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- Getting their priorities straight: Emirati households spending more on phones, cars than education
- Why Qatar stocks hit six year high this week
- Are Arab Bankers right to blame the region's deteriorating economies on the Arab Spring?
- Spotlight on Saudi Arabia’s "resilient" banking sector
- Lebanese startup's move to global platform paving way for entrepreneurship growth