Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- A misnomer: Gulf states embark on ambitious investment spree in the 'hopeless continent'
- Not much choice: Along with Syrian businessmen, Lebanon's private sector migrates to Dubai
- What's going on with MENA debt capital markets?
- Rachel Corrie vs. Arab Bank: hypocrisy and injustice in the US' legal system
- Iraqi Kurdistan seeks investor funds amidst independence 'grey area'