Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- Is Islamic finance the sustainable banking model the banking world has been looking for?
- Less is more? In ironic twist, UAE's low income earners found to be saving more
- Egypt has a secret Swiss bank, except everyone knows about it
- Why is Jordan's inflation so high? These reasons may surprise you....
- The Middle East's lack of savings: a ticking time bomb?