Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- 'Interesting potentional': why, despite all, global investors can't keep their eyes off MENA stocks
- Need some space? UAE's banking sector is getting too crowded
- Bank funding in the Middle East doesn't boil down to liquidity alone
- Why is the Israeli shekel so weak?
- What doesn't kill you, makes your stronger: why the Arab Bank is likely to emerge from the Israeli lawsuit 'unscathed with flying colors'