Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- Twist of fate: Middle East fund managers shy away from Turkey, warm up to Egypt
- 'Let them eat cake'...or in the case of Egyptians, shall we say 'pasta'?
- In flux: What's up with Dubai's stock market?!
- GCC banks could face capital and liquidity shortfall
- It's time for an interest rate war in emerging markets, and here's why Middle Eastern economies should take part