Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- Diversifying to Africa: Gulf countries to pump $30 billion into the continent
- As American decade of easy money ends, Gulf currencies brace themselves for a 'nervous breakdown'
- More money to be taken care of: private wealth growth in the GCC exposes need for prudence
- With $100 billion in foreign reserves: is Libya's central bank monopolizing the country's economic potential?
- After 23 years in office,why was the UAE's central bank governor replaced?