Qatar to be fastest growing GCC economy
Qatar will have the fastest growing economy in the GCC, according to Fitch Ratings
Qatar will remain the fastest growing of all GCC sovereigns in 2013, driven by the government’s huge capital investment programme, Fitch Ratings has forecast.
Growth is set to rise as the fiscal stimulus would be triggered by a combination of healthy bank lending rates and buoyant consumer and business confidence, Fitch said in its first quarterly GCC Sovereign Credit Overview.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?