Qatar's Emir visits Gaza to launch projects
The Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani arrived today (Tuesday) morning to Gaza Strip in a few hours landmark visit, Agency of France Press correspondents reported.
A Senior Official in Foreign Affairs Ministry in Hamas-run cabinet Ghazi Hamad told AFP that the Emir was taken from Al-Aarish Egyptian airport by an Egyptian helicopter to the Egyptian side in Rafah crossing, then moved directly to the Palestinian side to launch a number of big projects funded by Qatar.
- Mission impossible? IMF says Jordan needs 7 percent growth to fight poverty and unemployment
- Saudi's strong non-oil growth in February may signal new economic era for KSA
- Worth a gasp? Abu Dhabi’s inflation already up 2.1% in 2014's first two months
- What's the attraction? IIF says UAE’s economic stability wooing foreign capital investment
- Public-private partnerships may be key to take Gulf's economic growth to next level