Qatar's Emir visits Gaza to launch projects
The Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani arrived today to start a visit coinciding with the announcement of his countries funding of the rebuilding of Gaza
Click here to add Agency of France Press as an alert
Disable alert for Agency of France Press,
Click here to add Foreign Affairs Ministry as an alert
Disable alert for Foreign Affairs Ministry,
Click here to add Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani as an alert
Disable alert for Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani,
Click here to add Hamas as an alert
Disable alert for Hamas
The Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani arrived today (Tuesday) morning to Gaza Strip in a few hours landmark visit, Agency of France Press correspondents reported.
A Senior Official in Foreign Affairs Ministry in Hamas-run cabinet Ghazi Hamad told AFP that the Emir was taken from Al-Aarish Egyptian airport by an Egyptian helicopter to the Egyptian side in Rafah crossing, then moved directly to the Palestinian side to launch a number of big projects funded by Qatar.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?