Qatar's Emir visits Gaza to launch projects
The Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani arrived today (Tuesday) morning to Gaza Strip in a few hours landmark visit, Agency of France Press correspondents reported.
A Senior Official in Foreign Affairs Ministry in Hamas-run cabinet Ghazi Hamad told AFP that the Emir was taken from Al-Aarish Egyptian airport by an Egyptian helicopter to the Egyptian side in Rafah crossing, then moved directly to the Palestinian side to launch a number of big projects funded by Qatar.
- OPEC exports largest share of petroleum to Asian and Pacific countries in 2013
- High demand for gold spurs trade across GCC
- Is trust the only missing ingredient from Egypt's economic reform recipe?
- Explain this, Mr. Erdogan: Israel-Turkey trade ties booming amidst Gaza crisis
- Kuwait: the GCC's underachiever?