Representatives of both MOU partners will oversee the establishment of the joint partnership, including its governance processes. It is envisaged that the combination of Qatar Holding and Caisse des Dépôts in a partnership will create a resource pool that will boost the development of French SMEs.
Qatar set to invest in French SMEs
Caisse des Dépôts and Qatar Holding have announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to co-invest in small and medium enterprises (SME) based in France.
Under the terms of the MOU, a joint partnership will be established with €300 million of capital, according to a statement from Qatar Holding. Both MOU partners will each contribute to equity capital equally. It is expected that the partnership will invest in French SMEs engaged in sectors with high growth potential and where both Qatar Holding LLC and Caisse des Dépôts have common interests.
- Twist of fate: Middle East fund managers shy away from Turkey, warm up to Egypt
- 'Let them eat cake'...or in the case of Egyptians, shall we say 'pasta'?
- In flux: What's up with Dubai's stock market?!
- GCC banks could face capital and liquidity shortfall
- It's time for an interest rate war in emerging markets, and here's why Middle Eastern economies should take part