Representatives of both MOU partners will oversee the establishment of the joint partnership, including its governance processes. It is envisaged that the combination of Qatar Holding and Caisse des Dépôts in a partnership will create a resource pool that will boost the development of French SMEs.
Qatar set to invest in French SMEs
Caisse des Dépôts and Qatar Holding have announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to co-invest in small and medium enterprises (SME) based in France.
Under the terms of the MOU, a joint partnership will be established with €300 million of capital, according to a statement from Qatar Holding. Both MOU partners will each contribute to equity capital equally. It is expected that the partnership will invest in French SMEs engaged in sectors with high growth potential and where both Qatar Holding LLC and Caisse des Dépôts have common interests.
- Why is the Israeli shekel so weak?
- What doesn't kill you, makes your stronger: why the Arab Bank is likely to emerge from the Israeli lawsuit 'unscathed with flying colors'
- Too foreign? An inside look into the struggles of foreign banks in Saudi Arabia
- A clash of civilizations: are foreigners newly entering the Saudi stock market about to face a culture shock?
- From tweets to public outrage: understanding Turkey's bitterness towards credit rating agencies