Qatar sets up development fund
The wealthy Gulf emirate of Qatar on Sunday announced it had set up a development fund with launch capital of 200 million dollars to finance projects in Arab and Islamic countries.
The Qatar Fund for External Development was set up at the behest of the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani to aid "economic development in the poorest Islamic countries," the official QNA news agency said.
Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have also launched similar funds financed largely through the oil and gas wealth of the Gulf. – (AFP)
© Agence France Presse 2000
- Beyond Harrod's and the Shard: David Cameron appeals to Qatar to invest in his country's infrastructure
- Qatar calls for $1b East Jerusalem support fund
- the pearl qatar real estate development fund l.p.-shari’a compliant; $ 600 mm
- The Pearl Qatar Real Estate Development Fund L.P.-Shari’a compliant; $ 600 million
- Qatar puts joint initiatives, funding on the table to woo investors