$218m twin towers contract awarded
The twin towers are expected to be finished in 2016
Click here to add Abraj Quartier AQ01 and AQ02 Gateway Office as an alert
Disable alert for Abraj Quartier AQ01 and AQ ...,
Click here to add Doha as an alert
Disable alert for Doha,
Click here to add Ebrahim Al-Sulaiti as an alert
Disable alert for Ebrahim Al-Sulaiti,
Click here to add United Development Company as an alert
Disable alert for United Development Company
United Development Company (UDC), the developer behind Qatar's man-made Pearl island project, said it has signed a QR795 ($218 million) contract with a leading Qatari construction company to build the two Abraj Quartier AQ01 and AQ02 Gateway Office towers at The Pearl-Qatar.
Abraj Quartier is one of the ten precincts that make up The Pearl-Qatar Island.
Standing high at around 201 meters on opposite sides of the main access road to The Pearl-Qatar, the two 40-storey towers will boast a build up area of more than 230,000 sq m, said the company in its statement.
The construction works commenced on February 15 and is expected to be completed by the end of January 2016.
Describing the contract as a major step forward for the Island, UDC chief executive officer Ebrahim Al-Sulaiti said: “These towers will set the standard for the development in terms of quality and architectural articulation for exterior material and finishes and will feature comprehensive smart systems.”
Abraj Quartier is one of the ten precincts that make up The Pearl-Qatar Island. Developed by United Development Company, the Island is located 350 meters offshore of Doha’s prestigious West Bay District and is one of the largest urban developments in the Gulf.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- United Development Company Signs QR 795 million contract for construction of two office towers in Abraj Quartier
- Hydra properties officially launches iconic twin towers project at Jumeirah village, Dubai
- Dubai Pearl Inc awards AED498 million contract to DCC for construction of two office towers
- Qatar’s UDC signs supply contract for smelter project
- Saba Groups awards $46 million construction contract to Dutch Foundation