Qatari company leads ME and North Africa in sales of liquefied gas
Qatar Liquefied Gas Co (Qatargas) has become the leading seller of liquefied natural gas in the Middle East and North Africa (Mena), reported Gulf News. Its exports accounts for about 53.7 per cent of all LNG spot sales to foreign markets in 1999.
"The total number of Qatargas LNG cargoes exported in 1999 was 100, of which 79 were to Chubu Electric Power Co in Japan,” said Faisal Mohammed Al Suwaidi, Qatargas vice-chairman and managing director. The remaining 21 were sold on the spot market, with 14 going to Enagas of Spain, three to Duke Energy and one each to Edison Gas of Italy, Gaz de France, CMS Energy of the U.S. and RasGas in Qatar.
"We continue to sell spot LNG cargoes in 2000, with two cargoes to CMS Energy in February and one each to Kogas and Gaz de France," Al Suwaidi said.
In 1998 the largest exporter of LNG is the region was Abu Dhabi Gas Liquefaction Co (Adgas). – (AlBawaba-MEBG)
- GE GAS TURBINES FOR LNG PRODUCTION FACILITYOF QATAR LIQUEFIED GAS COMPANY
- GE GAS turbines for LNG production facility of Qatar Liquefied Gas Company
- Oman LNG to supply Gaz de France with nine LNG spot cargoes
- FVC wins Specialist Distributor of Year Award at Reseller ME Partner Excellence Awards
- RasGas Tran-III to India to go on stream in 2004