Qataris spend QR 15-20 million on school supplies at the beginning of every year
Local market sources, quoted in Al-Watan daily, have estimated that with the re-opening of the schools, Qatari citizens spend a collective sum of QR 15-20 million on school supplies at the beginning of every academic year.
This September 15th, when studies resume throughout the state, nearly 73,000 primary, preparatory and secondary school pupils will resume their studies. This creates a heavy financial burden for many Qatari families.
Qatari citizens may find it difficult to spend a lot of money on school supplies at the end of the summer season. According to this report, local families spend nearly QR 2 billion ($549 million) annually on summer vacations abroad. Many of these families borrow directly or indirectly from local banks to finance their vacation costs.
- Dubai International Film Festival reels in region's top talent with "Gulf Voices" program
- Gaza's desperate need for a 'Marshall Plan'
- British report: Qatar pays millions to al Qaeda every year
- Inside the barrel : The basic elements affecting the mechanisms that regulate the trend of the oil market – part two.
- Current Economic State of Oman