Raytheon wins Saudi missile support contract
Raytheon Company has been awarded a direct sales contract at an undisclosed amount from the Saudi government to provide technical, training and logistics support for the Kingdom's Patriot and Hawk Air Defense Systems.
Patriot is a combat-proven air and missile defense system capable of simultaneously engaging and destroying aircraft, cruise missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles and tactical ballistic missiles. The Hawk system provides robust low-to-medium altitude air defense against air breathing threats and, when integrated with Patriot, low-tier defense against tactical ballistic missiles.
US-based Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems provides integrated air and missile defense and naval and maritime war fighting systems, including modeling and simulation capabilities, for the US Missile Defense Agency, and strong global integrated capabilities for Army, Navy, Marine Corps and technology customers.
With 2002 sales of $16.8 billion, Raytheon is a developer in defense, government and commercial electronics, space, information technology, technical services, and business and special mission aircraft. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Raytheon Awarded $20 Million for Spares to Support Upgraded Kuwait Patriot Radar Systems
- Raytheon Receives $73 Million to Advance Patriot Capabilities for Taiwan and Kuwait
- Raytheon supplies Egyptian army with Phalanx ship self defense systems
- Raytheon signs $35 million missile deal with Oman and UAE Air Forces
- US Air Force equips Gulf militaries with Maverick missiles