UAE transport body promotes new bus map
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced new bus routes in Dubai.
To start with two new bus routes, Route 83 and Route 85 have been announced to Tecom Free Zones. The new routes will connect Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City and Dubai Knowledge Village to Karama and Discovery Gardens respectively.
These two new routes will help cut down by more than 50 percent the commuting time for office-goers within the free zones. The timings of the two bus routes takes into account the peak hours.
Badr Al Gargawi, Chief Executive Officer of Engineering Management, Tecom Investments, said, "We expect the two new routes to bring considerable benefits to passengers who can potentially put the saved travel time to good use, the public transport system is a cost effective option compared to private transport operators."
"A few months is always given to test out a newly introduced service. Thereafter, a required modification is proposed taking into consideration the performance of the route during this period. An increase or decrease in the frequency of buses is suggested depending upon the utilization. It can also include minor modifications to the route alignments to cover additional areas as per passengers' request."
The total population in the free zones is 39,700, comprising 31,800 individuals from working population and 7,900 students. According to the surveyed analysis of TECOM population, the majority of the population works between 8:00am and 7:00pm. The direct bus route has been planned to address the demands of peak working hours.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- abu Dhabi’s Department of transport introduces Air-Conditioned Bus shelters to the capital
- Dubai Conducts Survey on New Bus Services
- Billion dollar transport and rail infrastructure projects top of the agenda across the Middle East and North Africa
- Sharjah Museums to promote cultural tourism with participation at Arabian Travel Market 2014