Saudi Arabia sets deadline for gas venture proposals
(MEBG) - Saudi Arabia has set an August 23 deadline for international oil companies to submit their next proposals for natural gas projects in the country, reported Gulf News on July 26. Nearly a dozen companies are believed to be involved.
Meanwhile, Saudi Aramco said 35 per cent of the construction of the Hawiyah gas plant has been completed. It will supply processed gas to the Riyadh region. The Hawiyah gas plant is 220 km south of Dhahran.
It is targeted to go on stream in December 2001. The plant will draw gas from three major fields—Hawiyah, Jauf and Haradh.
- Deadline for Saudi gas initiative extended
- International gas proposals evaluated in Saudi Arabia
- ENOC joins hands with Tristar for new oil & gas logistics joint venture in Saudi Arabia
- Foreign oil majors seek to extend deadline for $25 billion Saudi gas deal
- U.N. vote on Iraq delayed; New proposed deadline: April 17