Saudi Arabian power plant places £11 million order in Scotland
(MEBG) –Glasgow-based Weir Pumps will supply boiler feed and condensate extraction pumps to the Shoaiba oil-fired power station, located some 120 km south of the Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah, reported Gulf News. This is part of an £11 million order placed by ABB Alstom Power.
The Weir equipment will be needed for phase one of the Shoaiba project, which consists of three oil-fired units. Each has an output capacity of 363 megawatts. Two more identical units are planned, giving the power station total power output of 1,815 megawatts.
- Alstom signs agreement to build a 1,200 MW power plant in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: ALSTOM-led consortium wins €627 million contract
- Alstom signs contract to build stage 3 of Shoaiba in Saudi Arabia
- French Alstom Power signs $408 million contract with Saudi Arabia
- Siemens wins $145 million Saudi gas turbine power plant contract