Saudi Compaq Company records 36 percent growth in QI
The Saudi Compaq Computers Company recorded a 36 percent growth in operations through the first quarter of 2001, reported Al-Hayat newspaper. During this period the company launched a number of private and public projects in various sectors. The company provided a wide range of facilities, spare parts and technical assistance to companies and associations in the kingdom including the Saudi Ministry of Education and Aramco.
The Saudi Compaq Computers Company controls 48 percent of the total portable computers market in Saudi Arabia. The company also holds 46 percent of local computer networks servers market, as well as controlling 17 percent of the personal and office computers in Saudi Arabia.
According to the report, the growth rate of the computers market in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is estimated at 20-25 percent per annum. The Saudi computers market constitutes 40 percent of the Middle Eastern computers market. Approximately 150,000 computers are sold in Saudi Arabia annually. –(Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Lennox cooling considers headquarters in Riyadh
- Saudi Compaq records 36 percent growth in Q1
- Smart products drive 20 percent growth for Ford Middle East during first-half of 2013 as company registers best June on record
- Saudi Arabia records 7% growth, while world slumps
- MENA PC market recovers with 20.4 percent growth in 1Q 2002