Saudi Eastern Province Chamber of Commerce creates committee for businesswomen
The Saudi Eastern Province Chamber of Commerce and Industry has established a committee of prominent businesswomen that will study the role and growth of women in business in Saudi Arabia and how to promote further their future contributions.
The committee will consist of twenty members and will interact with other relevant bodies at the Chamber to draft proposals and make recommendations, stated a press release.
In announcing the committee’s creation, President of the Chamber Abdulrahman Al-Rashid said that it represents a step forward in developing business in the Kingdom. He stressed efforts by the Saudi government to emphasize the important role of Saudi women in all spheres of life.
Al-Rashid added that the formation of the committee represents the full support of the Saudi business community to businesswomen in the Kingdom. Among the committee’s goals is to double the participation of women in business and economic affairs and to encourage investment by women in various aspects of the Saudi economy. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi businesswomen play a major role at the fifth annual Jeddah economic forum
- History in Saudi Arabia: Two women elected for business chamber
- Women-only production factories could change the face of Saudi labor
- 45 percent of GCC deposits held by women
- Saudi chamber of commerce releases comprehensive investors guide