Saudi National Commercial Bank opens department for women
The Saudi National Commercial Bank recently opened a new service department for women in the Rawadha suburb of Jeddah, according to London based Al-Hayat daily.
So far, the bank has established 23 different departments and branches intended for exclusive use by women.
These departments, which are located throughout the Kingdom, provide full privacy for women as they execute their banking transactions.
According to statistics disclosed in Al-Watan daily, bank savings of Saudi women are estimated at 43 billion Saudi riyals ($11.6 billion). Furthermore, the running accounts of local women amounted to 70 percent of total customer banking deposits in the Kingdom, while women hold 50 percent of the existing businesses in the kingdom.
Saudi women own 20 percent of the stocks of local joint companies, 15 percent of sole proprietorship business enterprises and 10 percent of total land assets in the country. –(MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- The beginning of many more to come, nshallah: First female investment bank CEO named in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi National Commercial Bank implements HP solutions
- Saudi Women Control 70% of Customer Bank Deposits in Homeland
- NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK'S SAUDI TRADING EQUITY FUND RATED TOP PERFORMER WORLDWIDE BY STANDARD & POOR
- Saudi airports will take off ... with female staff