Around $8 million worth of scholarships up for grabs at AUD
The Governing Board at the American University in Dubai (AUD) approved Dh30 million in scholarships in its 2013-2014 annual budget.
The grants will be provided to outstanding students and those facing financial difficulties. Priority will be given to those who apply early, before the deadline of June 25.
Commenting on the new scholarship budget, Dr Stephen Franklin, chairman of the AUD Governing Board, stated: “As for providing Dh30 million in scholarships for this academic year, it is yet another testimony to AUD’s commitment to cultivate and reward excellence by enrolling top high school students from around the world.”
The Admissions Department at AUD is currently admitting requests for His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Scholarship for Admissions, and the Mohammad Bin Rashid School for Communication Scholarship Programme.
Elias Bu Saab, Executive Vice-President of AUD, said that the administration is keen on providing annual grants to eligible candidates after reviewing their applications, and noted that priority will be given to those applying early.
The board also discussed future plans and expansion of the university: “ This year, in particular, has seen the university reaffirm its accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges as well as receive the re-licensure and reaffirmation of its programme accreditations by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. This all serves as testimony to AUD’s educational excellence endeavour,” added Franklin.
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE
- University of Sharjah approves Dh605m ($164m) budget
- Prosperous start for UAE universities, students ahead of Expo 2020
- Sabban Property Investments to sponsor ‘Be Here Design Now’ competition
- BMA grants scholarships to Bahraini students
- Saraya launches an educational road show to introduce 'Saraya Scholarship Fund' to Aqaba's high schools