Since Sept. 2000: Losses to Palestinian agricultural sector hit more than $1 billion
The Palestinian Ministry of Agriculture reported that the losses inflicted to the local agricultural sector as a result of the Israeli measures amounted to US$ 1,091,543,986.
In a report issued Tuesday about the agricultural losses between 28 of Sept 2000 to 31 August 2004, the Ministry said that Israeli troops uprooted 1,145,154 trees and razed 68,728 dunums.
It added that 12,371 farmers have suffered from the continued Israeli attacks on agricultural sector.
The total losses due to declining prices of agricultural products have reached US$ 151,640,000 while the fishery sector incurred US$ 12,955,587 in losses. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Losses to Palestinian agriculture sector hit more than $1 billion
- Palestinian agricultural sector records $511 million in losses
- New report: Palestinian agriculture sector losses US$1.6 billion in five years
- Palestinian agriculture lost $820 million intifada outbreak
- Intifada losses to date estimated at $2.5 billion