Shangri-La strengthens Middle East presence with new Doha hotel
Asia's Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has strengthened its foothold in the Middle East by signing a management agreement with Al-Rayan Tourism Development Company to operate a hotel in Doha, Qatar.
The five-star, 35-storey Shangri-La Hotel, Doha will open prior to the Asian Games in 2006 with approximately 250 guest rooms and 60 apartments.
Shangri-La's first hotel in the Middle East, the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, opened in July 2003 and it will be quickly followed by the Traders Hotel, Dubai in October this year. The Shangri-La's Barr Al-Jissah Resort & Spa, Muscat, Oman will open in 2005.
Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently manages 41 hotels in Australia, mainland China, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), with a rooms inventory of over 20,000. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Chris Garrod and Orsini create new force in East/West hotel procurement
- Shangri-La opens its first hotel in the Middle East
- ENTERPRISE IG POINTS THE WAY WITH THE SHANGRI-LA BARR AL JISSAH RESORT & SPA IN OMAN!
- DuPont participates in 6th Middle East Bitumen/Asphalt Conference to leverage region’s robust infrastructure development
- Concorde Hotel Fujairah names Jerome Kandalaft as new General Manager