Siemens wins 140-mln-euro power plant contract in United Arab Emirates
Siemens has secured a contract worth 140 million euros ($130 million) to supply equipment for a power plant in the United Arab Emirates, the German engineering giant announced on Monday.
Siemens said in a statement that, under the terms of the contract, it would supply three gas turbines, two steam turbines, five generators and the electrical and instrumentation and control equipment for the Jebel Ali power plant complex around 50 kilometers from Dubai.
A seawater desalination plant linked to the complex would also be fitted with Siemens instrumentation and control equipment, the statement added.
The plant will have an electrical capacity of 850 megawatts and desalinate 50 million gallons of seawater daily.
The contract was awarded by Italian group Enel, which is general contractor for the entire plant together with Italian firm Fisia Italimpanti, the company responsible for the desalination plant.—AFP.
©--Agence France Presse 2001.
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Siemens Energy Group makes strides in the Gulf
- Siemens to construct $895 million power plant in Abu Dhabi
- Siemens wins $145 million Saudi gas turbine power plant contract
- Siemens secures power plant orders from Middle East totaling about EUR500 million
- Italian firms win $587-million Dubai power contract