Sorouh invites eight companies to bid for Shams Abu Dhabi earthworks
Sorouh Real Estate has shortlisted eight companies to bid for earthworks and deep sewer excavation on the site of its prestigious flagship project, Shams Abu Dhabi. This phase of the construction work will last about five months.
The earthworks will involve carving out the topsoil over land corridors earmarked for road construction on the Shams section of Reem Island, which is located 300 meters off the northwest shore of Abu Dhabi. Sorouh said the earthworks and grading component associated with it will include placement of more than 2.5 million cubic meters of fill under the road corridors.
The deep sewer component includes the supply and installation of approximately 1850 line meters of main sewer trunk lines several meters below the ground and 33 manholes.
The eight contractors who have been invited to submit tenders to this phase are: ADMAK General Contracting, Al Muhairi General Contacting, Al Jaber Transport and General Contracting Est., Abu Dhabi Land, Hilalco (Hilal Bilbadi & Partners Cont Company), Abu Dhabi General Transport Company, ADMAC and Copri Contracting.
“The earthworks and excavation is the first major construction phase for Shams Abu Dhabi,” said Mounir Haidar, CEO of Sorouh. "We will recruit the best resources available in the market to move forward with the construction work on Shams Abu Dhabi to ensure that the development will be delivered on time" Haidar said.
Shams Abu Dhabi, one of the most important property developments in Abu Dhabi, will occupy over 1,320 million square meters, accounting for 25 percent of Reem Island. Residential projects will occupy 80 percent of the overall space of the project while the remaining 20 percent will be dedicated for commercial use and recreational facilities.
The first phase of the project is expected to be completed by 2009 and the full project is scheduled for completion in 2011. Shams Abu Dhabi will be home for about 70,000 people.