Spain and UAE to boost economic ties
In an attempt to boost economic ties between the UAE and Spain, the Director General of the DCCI, Abdul Rahman Al Mutaiwee, received the director of the Spanish commercial trade office in Dubai, Valentine Lalsiskia on Sunday.
The two discussed enhanced trade between the countries, and the specific role that the DCCI plays in boosting such relations, including providing necessary support to its members to expand their businesses and increase their investments.
Mutaiwee noted the importance of establishing workshops between the two countries to introduce mutual investments opportunities. He also stressed the importance of signing a memo of understanding to enhance trade between the two countries.
For his part, Lalisiskia praised the efforts provided by the Spanish External Trade office at the Spanish Ministry of Commerce & Industry for their role in attracting foreign investments in Spain.
Non-oil trade between Dubai and Spain reached Dh1.4 billion in 2004, while export was estimated at Dh31.1 million, and re-export at Dh119.9 million.
- Sino-Qatari economic ties to receive big boost
- Spain and the MEASA region strengthen economic ties through strategic DIFC and Madrid Centro Financiero partnership
- Luck of the Irish? UAE and Ireland discuss economic ties
- Dubai Chamber discusses boosting economic ties with Mexico
- UAE and Indonesia to boost investment ties