Swissquote Bank expands in UAE
Swissquote Bank MEA LTD./SQM/ a Dubai-based bank and subsidiary of Swissquote Bank SA./SQB/, announced that it has been granted a category 4 license from the Dubai Financial Services Authority /DFSA/, and Swissquote Bank SA Central Bank Representative Office License.
Swissquote Bank now operates two offices in Dubai and intends to increase its total staff numbers from 20 to 25 in the coming months.
Commenting on the bank s expansion into the region, Mario Camara, CEO of Swissquote Bank MEA Ltd. said: "We are really honoured to have successfully fulfilled all the requirements by the DFSA and the UAE Central Bank in order to conduct our financial services through the DIFC. We aim to provide the entire range of our exclusive Swissquote banking services in the Middle East.
Through the acquisition of ACM ME DMCC, ranked as a FX pioneer, and the gaining of these banking licenses, we are strengthening our presence in one of the fastest growing regions in the world.
The ongoing economic boom in the region has resulted in exceptional business opportunities and increase of the expatriates who are in need of advanced and innovative financial solutions."
- The GCC's small businesses need to prepare themselves for bankcruptcy
- Why the World Bank is ill-prepared when it comes to dealing with the Middle East
- Time to burst that Expo 2020 bubble, can Dubai survive with $103 billion in debt?
- Meet 'Mr. Five Percent': the man who bought Syria one bank at a time
- Why Lebanon needs more Arab investment
- Largest private bank in India, ICICI Bank receives license to set up branch in Dubai International Financial Centre
- BMA grants license for Bank of China
- CALYON awarded license to operate in Dubai International Financial Centre
- Deutsche Bank opens Dubai branch in the DIFC
- Dresdner Bank to join the Dubai International Financial Centre