Syria has great investment future, claim UAE minister
Among the Arab Spring countries, Syria has the greatest potential in terms of investment and the UAE National companies are still interested to have businesses in Syria, Sultan Al Mansouri , Minister of Economy said at the closing session of the “Partnership to Invest in Future Syria” conference.
He said: “The UAE national companies including energy companies, Mubadala, Dubai World, Masdar, etisalat and others are still interested to invest in rebuilding future Syria.”
Commenting on the role of the private sector in leading the economy in the new Syria, Al Mansouri said it is a positive sign that Syrian businessmen are committed to investing to rebuild a new Syria.
However, the main challenge remains providing a healthy, friendly and stable environment to nurture the economic growth, Al Mansouri said.
On his part, Hamad Bu Amim, Director General of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said: “The Dubai Chamber will invest all its [expertise] in the economic and commercial sectors to rebuild future Syria.”
“We will help the UAE-based businessmen and companies to extend their businesses in Syria,” he added.
- Tarnished: How "golden" is the current era of GCC economies?
- Let them eat bread: Lebanese youth urged to build their own future
- The list of the top ten highest salaries in the UAE reveals that they are not as high as they once were
- Why this global mega company is investing $500 million in Egypt
- GCC to remain stable despite oil price decline