Syria has great investment future, claim UAE minister
Among the Arab Spring countries, Syria has the greatest potential in terms of investment and the UAE National companies are still interested to have businesses in Syria, Sultan Al Mansouri , Minister of Economy said at the closing session of the “Partnership to Invest in Future Syria” conference.
He said: “The UAE national companies including energy companies, Mubadala, Dubai World, Masdar, etisalat and others are still interested to invest in rebuilding future Syria.”
Commenting on the role of the private sector in leading the economy in the new Syria, Al Mansouri said it is a positive sign that Syrian businessmen are committed to investing to rebuild a new Syria.
However, the main challenge remains providing a healthy, friendly and stable environment to nurture the economic growth, Al Mansouri said.
On his part, Hamad Bu Amim, Director General of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said: “The Dubai Chamber will invest all its [expertise] in the economic and commercial sectors to rebuild future Syria.”
“We will help the UAE-based businessmen and companies to extend their businesses in Syria,” he added.
- Why women are the answer to Egypt's 'faltering renaissance'
- Fully booked for post-sanctions business: Iran's five star hotels are buzzing with Western business delegations
- The source of all brain drain: Lebanon's university graduates downbeat about their future prospects
- Is Erdogan's party waging a 'holy war' against the free market economy?
- Costs and benefits: the tough economics of hosting the World Cup