Saudi Tadawul up to a two-week high
Its trading range expanded to 106 points as compared to 42 points of previous day
Click here to add Atheeb Telecom as an alert
Disable alert for Atheeb Telecom,
Click here to add Riyad Bank as an alert
Disable alert for Riyad Bank,
Click here to add SAMBA Financial Group as an alert
Disable alert for SAMBA Financial Group,
Click here to add Saudi Mobile Telecommunications as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi Mobile Telecommunica ...,
Click here to add Tadawul as an alert
Disable alert for Tadawul,
Click here to add The Saudi Investment Bank as an alert
Disable alert for The Saudi Investment Bank
It turned out to be largely positive for investors yesterday, as Saudi Arabia’s benchmark stock index recorded a handsome gain of 1.14 percent, which is the highest increase during last two weeks.
The index continued pacing its way higher throughout the day to achieve 85.1 points in a single session, closing at 7,557.24.
Its trading range expanded to 106 points as compared to 42 points of previous day.
On year-to-date basis, the TASI logged an attractive return of 11.12 percent.
All market cap indices finished to the upside, with Large cap increasing by 1.3 percent.
Eight out of top 10 large caps witnessed a positive change. Riyad Bank and Samba Financial Group performed well relatively, achieving a daily growth of 3.83 percent and 2.94 percent respectively.
Sectoral performance was tremendous, as 12 out of Tadawul's 15 sectors closed up, reflecting an accumulation of 777 points.
Banks & Financial Services made the biggest jump among all sector indices, marching higher by 2.5 percent or nearly four hundred points to close the day at 16,364.32. The Saudi Investment Bank remained key gainer in this sector, surging by 5.51 percent for the day.
Transport sector was another significant gainer, advancing more than two percent.
The market breadth with advance-decline ratio of 1.7:1 remained favorable.
Arabian Shield Cooperative Insurance played well among all Saudi companies, marching higher by 9.8 percent to close the day at SR 54.25.
Most active stocks also extended gains, with Saudi Mobile Telecommunications (Zain) moving up 9.65 percent, Atheeb Telecom 5.22 percent and Emaar the Economic City 3.09 percent. Most of the trading was concentrated in Emaar with 56.2 million shares, capturing 13.9 percent of Tadawul volume.
Market activity remained roughly 20 percent greater than previous level; specifically 403.8 million shares worth SR 8.5 billion were flowed at Tadawul.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Arabian Scandinavian Insurance Company records positive performance in 2001
- Won't last long? 'Short-term rally' to ensue opening up of Saudi Tadawul, says Deloitte
- Record performance for Saudi Tadawul index in January
- Tadawul index slumps 25 points
- Tadawul offers Saudi Stock Market information dissemination service