TotalFinaElf and ExxonMobil to construct QP-operated condensate refinery
Qatar Petroleum (QP), TotalFinaElf and ExxonMobil have signed an agreement for the design, construction and operation of a condensate refinery in Ras Laffan Industrial City. The refinery will be operated by Qatargas and is expected to start up by the end of 2006.
The factory has a planned daily throughput of 140,000 barrels of condensate, which will be processed for export into liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), naphtha, kerosene and diesel oil. The initial equity shares of the joint venture group are 80 percent for QP, 10 percent for TotalFinaElf, and 10 percent for ExxonMobil.
The Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) contract is anticipated in January 2003, followed by the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract in the second quarter of 2004. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Qatar: EPC contracts for construction of Laffan Refinery signed
- Oman signs DHDS contract with Korea’s SK Engineering and Construction
- QP and Sasol appoint debt arrangers for joint GTL project in Ras Laffan
- ExxonMobil signs LNG supply contract with Qatar Petroleum
- ExxonMobil and QP acquire 90% stake in Italian LNG terminal