Toyota sales up 23 percent in the UAE
The United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) Al-Futtaim Motors reported that sales of Toyota vehicles have steadily increased over the past few years. Sales were up 23 percent in 2003 compared to figures from 2002.
Al-Futtaim Motors is the sole distributor of Toyota and Lexus cars in the Emirates. According to Managing Director of Al-Futtaim Motors Colin Leitch, the xA model sold 100 units within the first month of its launch in the UAE and surpassing initial forecasts.
Other Toyota car models also fared well in 2003 sales figures. In the passenger car category, there was a 22 percent increase in sales of the Corolla, while Echo sales jumped by 27 percent. As for the light commercial vehicle range offered by Toyota, Hilux vehicle sales went up by 14 percent, and Hiace sales soared with a massive 31 percent increase. Finally, Land Cruiser Station Wagons proved popular in the Emirates, registering an 8 percent increase in demand while sales of the new Prado increased by a massive 173 percent.
Al-Futtaim Motors, a member of the Al-Futtaim Group, offers a line-up of vehicles and automotive products. This includes Lexus and Toyota passenger cars, four-wheel drives, light commercial vehicles, industrial vehicles, special purpose vehicles, tires, batteries and other accessories and automotive products from leading brands. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- 3M sign contract with Al-Futtaim Motors to provide market-leading Sun Control Films
- Over 141,000 Toyota and Lexus cars recalled over dangers of sudden acceleration
- ME gold sales up 23 percent during Q4 of 2000
- Toyota Prius Success Reflects Toyota’s Leadership in Cutting-Edge Hybrid Technologies
- Japanese car sales rack up $560 million in Egypt in 2015