$20mn traffic control system installed in Abu Dhabi
Aerial view of Mohammad Bin Zayed City
A Dh75 million Traffic Control System (TCS) has been installed in Mohammad Bin Zayed City in the capital, the Department of Transport (DoT) announced today.
The system, now operational in seven out of the city’s total 34 intersections following a pilot project, encompasses the deployment of smart and integrated traffic/pedestrian signals as well as a video surveillance system.
Deployed for the first time in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, the traffic signal control system will help enhance traffic in Mohammad Bin Zayed City through the reduction of recurring congestion, boosting safety level for all road users, especially at intersections, ensuring faster responses to non-recurring congestion and better travel times as well as lowering the level of fuel consumption, noise and greenhouse emissions.
Sporting state-of- art traffic management technologies, the system provides signal timing plans that use historical data to set fixed timing and demand-based plans that can be adjusted according to needs and special event plans. Besides, the system operates traffic-responsive and adaptive signal control schemes which optimise timing plans for signal network according to traffic conditions offline and in real-time based on surveillance information gathered from the traffic roadway network. The system is connected to the existing traffic control centre in Abu Dhabi as well as to the future satellite control centre to be located in Mohammad Bin Zayed City.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Abu Dhabi Boasts New Traffic Control System
- Abu Dhabi commences $9 billion traffic system project
- ADAC and Thales to Implement Most Advanced Air Traffic Control Management Systems
- Abu Dhabi Airports Company selects contractor for new Air Traffic Control Complex
- UAE deploys Iris-based border control system