Tunisia Encouraging Solar Energy Usage
Major developments in solar energy and other renewable resources are expected in Tunisia during the next few years. Tunisian magazine <i>Realites</i> reports by 2010, 400,000 square metres of solar panels will be in use around the country. The magazine adds a renewable energy strategy, both solar and wind power, has been underway in Tunisia since the 1980s. The government is offering numerous incentives at the local level to promote renewable energy.
- Hefty goals? Egypt can reach '80% renewable energy usage by 2025'
- With the era of 'easy oil' coming to an end, is solar energy the only option left for the ME?
- So long shale? Sunny MENA to invest $50 billion in solar energy by 2020
- Jordan to receive Gulf aid for renewable energy
- Arab states urged to adopt renewable energy projects