Tunisia presses other Arab leaders to support Palestine financially
Tunisian PM Hamadi Jebali has urged Arab leaders to support Palestine financially during its "difficult financial stage"
Click here to add Arab League as an alert
Disable alert for Arab League,
Click here to add Hamadi Jebali as an alert
Disable alert for Hamadi Jebali,
Click here to add Mahmoud Abbas as an alert
Disable alert for Mahmoud Abbas,
Click here to add United Nations as an alert
Disable alert for United Nations
The latest developments on the Palestinian scene and in the Middle East were the focus of the talk that Interim Prime Minister Hamadi Jebali had Monday in Gammarth with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
After the meeting, Hamadi Jebali told the press that he had reiterated to the Palestinian President the support of the Government and the Tunisian people to the Palestinian cause, voicing hope to see the Palestinian people achieve more progress and prosperity, in particular, after "the important step" made and consisting in Palestine's access to the Non-Member Observer State Status in the United Nations.
He underlined that "Tunisia will spare no effort at the level of the Arab League to encourage Arab leaders to lend financial support to their Palestinian brothers, notably in this difficult financial stage which the Palestinian Authority is going through."
Hamadi Jebali also said he had briefed President Mahmoud Abbas on the democratic experience in Tunisia, asserting the determination of the Tunisians to ensure success of this process in spite of the hardships experienced by the country.
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Jordan raises $400M for first phase of Red-Dead project
- Tunisia 2020 investment conference: 145 mega projects on offer
- Libya transfers US$100 million to the Arab Fund for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Arab Summit to Press for Israeli Compensation for Palestinian Dead
- July 23 is the deadline to apply for the Arab Business Plans Competition
- Arab leaders support crippled Palestinians
- Financial Siege of Palestine: Rubber Checks Join Rubber Bullets