Tunisian central bank, government announce strong results
The Central Bank of Tunisia announced economic figures for 1999 that showed an improvement on the previous year.
It cited a 6.2 percent increase in growth in 1999, compared to five percent in 1998, with inflation running at 2.7 percent in 1999, down from 3.2 percent the previous year. That growth had also led to a fall in the unemployment rate, registering 15 percent in 1999 against 15.6 percent the previous year.
Tunisia's ministry for international cooperation and external investment announced Friday that 85 foreign-backed companies, including 69 exporting firms, had set up in the country in the first quarter of 2000.
© Agence France Presse 2000
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Renault announces Q3 results for the period ended 30 September 2010
- Tunisian Government to Invest $250m in Telecommunication in the Year 2000
- Emirates NBD announces strong 2009 3rd quarter results
- British Pound in Play with Central Bank to Announce Growth, Inflation Forecasts (Euro Open)
- Strong foreign inflows key to economic diversification - Omani central bank