Turkish cement production reaches 18.4 million tons in first 8 months of 2003
Turkey’s cement output totaled 18.4 million tons for the first eight months of 2003, an increase of 350,000 tons compared the same period last year, reported the state’s Union of Cement Producers.
Exports increased by 150,000 tons from January to August this year compared to the same period in 2002. Turkey’s Marmara region was the largest producer, with factories turning out 4.65 million tons of cement.
Turkey is a major producer of basic materials such as cement, building steel, timber, bricks and glass. The country is the largest cement manufacturer in Europe and ranks seventh in the world. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Egyptian cement production reaches 2.73 million tons in August
- Egyptian cement production up 12 percent in 2003
- Vassilico Cement’s sales reach 950,000 tons in first 9 months of 2003
- Saudi Southern Province Cement earns $28 million in 1Q 2002
- Jordan Cement Factories increases output to 14,000 tons per day