UAE favours increased OPEC output of 500,000 barrels per day
The United Arab Emirates' Oil Minister Obeid bin Saif al-Nasiri said Saturday he supported an increase of 500,000 barrels per day in OPEC production.
Quoted by the WAM agency, the minister said the "United Arab Emirates favours applying the adjustment mechanism of the OPEC price level allowing for an increase in output of 500,000 barrels a day if the basket price of crude exceeds $28 for $20 straight working days."
"The application of this mechanism is a way to reinforce OPEC's credibility with regard to the market and consumer countries," he said, saying the Emirates was willing to increase its output in line with the mechanism.
On Thursday, the basket price of OPEC oil, which takes account of the seven main crudes used worldwide, stood at $31.14 US , up from $30.94 the previous day, according to the cartel.—AFP.
©--Agenece France Presse.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- UAE favours increased OPEC output of 500,000 barrels per day
- Algeria increases oil output by 36,000 barrels per day
- OPEC crude oil basket price up 28c to $21.75/bbl last Friday
- OPEC Crude Basket up 4c to $30.26/Bbl on Mon from $30.22 Friday
- Oil Rises Slightly as OPEC Basket Price Drops Below Critical Level