UAE: GCC nationals to be treated as locals in domestic stock markets
The UAE's financial regulator has ratified a decision to treat GCC nationals as locals in the domestic stock markets. According to Gulf News, the Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority (Esca) will also enable brokerages in the GCC to operate as local entities in the UAE. According to the paper,
experts welcomed the move, but they criticized the decision to allow GCC brokerages as 100 per cent local entities in the UAE.
- An impending frenzy? Liberalization of Saudi stock market to usher 'new era' in GCC investments
- How to better understand the often-confusing MSCI upgrade of GCC markets
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2007
- UAE authorities regulate local dime stores
- Should Saudi Arabia's stock market be afraid of foreigners?