UAE: Nuclear power plant project to be offered
TOTAL, SUEZ and AREVA have signed a partnership agreement to submit a nuclear power plant project to the authorities of the United Arab Emirates. Local partners will take part in the project.
TOTAL, SUEZ and AREVA intend to submit a proposal for an integrated nuclear power generation solution comprising two 1600 MW EPRs and fuel cycle products and services.
TOTAL would provide its expertise in managing complex major industrial projects in close collaboration with local authorities and business, the French comapny said Monday.
SUEZ would contribute its expertise as a nuclear power plant operator, gained from designing and building nuclear power plants in Belgium that it has now operated for more than 30 years.
TOTAL and SUEZ are already partners in power generation and desalination in the United Arab Emirates, through the Taweelah plant, which produces around 20% of the electricity in Abu Dhabi.
Integrated on the whole nuclear cycle, AREVA would contribute its know-how covering nuclear islands and the complete fuel chain.
- Abu Dhabi : New power and desalination project for GDF SUEZ in the Middle East
- Russia may build seven more nuclear plants in Iran at US $10 billion
- Jordan's nuclear reactor bill could total $10 bn
- France hoping to win big with Saudi nuclear contracts
- Yemen: Agreement signed to build $15 billion nuclear power plant