UAE oil output at 2.6 million
The United Arab Emirates current oil production is 2.6 million barrels per day, according to Energy Minister Mohammad Bin Dhaen Al Hamili.
In a statement made to Abu Dhabi Today TV on the sidelines of the Arab and South American energy ministers meeting, Al Hamili said the UAE targets increasing production to 3 million bpd this year.
“The UAE can produce 3 million barrels per day,” he said. “We should differentiate here between actual production and production capacity.”
Al Hamili said the UAE will continue its current production of 2.6 million bpd but can increase it to 3 million “if the market needed that”.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts