UAE oil output at 2.6 million
The United Arab Emirates current oil production is 2.6 million barrels per day, according to Energy Minister Mohammad Bin Dhaen Al Hamili.
In a statement made to Abu Dhabi Today TV on the sidelines of the Arab and South American energy ministers meeting, Al Hamili said the UAE targets increasing production to 3 million bpd this year.
“The UAE can produce 3 million barrels per day,” he said. “We should differentiate here between actual production and production capacity.”
Al Hamili said the UAE will continue its current production of 2.6 million bpd but can increase it to 3 million “if the market needed that”.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment