UAE oil output at 2.6 million
The United Arab Emirates current oil production is 2.6 million barrels per day, according to Energy Minister Mohammad Bin Dhaen Al Hamili.
In a statement made to Abu Dhabi Today TV on the sidelines of the Arab and South American energy ministers meeting, Al Hamili said the UAE targets increasing production to 3 million bpd this year.
“The UAE can produce 3 million barrels per day,” he said. “We should differentiate here between actual production and production capacity.”
Al Hamili said the UAE will continue its current production of 2.6 million bpd but can increase it to 3 million “if the market needed that”.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects