UAE oil output at 2.6 million
The UAE's current oil production is 2.6 million barrels per day, according to the Energy Minister
The United Arab Emirates current oil production is 2.6 million barrels per day, according to Energy Minister Mohammad Bin Dhaen Al Hamili.
In a statement made to Abu Dhabi Today TV on the sidelines of the Arab and South American energy ministers meeting, Al Hamili said the UAE targets increasing production to 3 million bpd this year.
“The UAE can produce 3 million barrels per day,” he said. “We should differentiate here between actual production and production capacity.”
Al Hamili said the UAE will continue its current production of 2.6 million bpd but can increase it to 3 million “if the market needed that”.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge