US finance chiefs discuss Jordan's economic challenges and opportunities
US support for Jordan's ongoing economic adjustment program in the context of the economic challenges posed by the regime change in Iraq topped the agenda as US Treasury Secretary John Snow met with Jordanian Finance Minister Michel Marto in Amman, Jordan September 17, 2003.
Discussions focused on US-Jordanian cooperation in the development of free trade, the pursuit of fiscal responsibility and the strengthening of the region's financial sector. Snow and Marto noted the benefits of Jordan's economic reforms and studied the region's future economic opportunities.
The Secretary and Minister also discussed US support for Jordan's economy and budget, including US help for Jordan's on-going adjustment to the economic consequences of the regime change in Iraq. They agreed that economic prosperity in the region, including in Iraq, held great opportunities for Jordan's economic future. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- 2012 GFMF to focus on challenges & new realities
- GFMF 2015 to discuss world economy challenges and opportunities
- Mubarak, US Treasury Secretary Discuss Economic Policies
- 10th Annual Sanabel Conference in Dubai to discuss regional microfinance trends and opportunities amid challenging times
- governor discusses challenges and opportunities for dubai as a global financial centre at ft/difc world financial centres summit