World Bank helps Tunisian museums
The World Bank has allocated funds for a project to help boost Tunisia's tourism industry by hiring Lord Cultural Resources, a museum and heritage consultancy. There are concrete plan to develop four museums to preserve important historical sites at different points across the country: at Carthage, Jerba, Sousse and the Great Mosque at Kairouan. Three of these have already been designated World Heritage Sites.
The Tunisian economy already relies heavily on tourism but more infrastructure investment is necessary in order to tap the full potential of this growing sector. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Did Algeria just step in to help save the Tunisian economy?
- World Bank Loan for Tunisia to help boost infrastructure for urban population
- Will Tunisia's tourism sector withstand the museum attack?
- Show me the money: Oman's museum shows the history of currency
- Tunisian actress Hend Sabry in 'Visit Tunisia' video, attends Dutch film festival