World Bank $70 million loan for SMEs in Jordan
Jordan Times reports the deal was signed 16 April by Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Jafar Hassan and Ferid Belhaj, the World Bank's country director for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iran and Iraq.
The Amman-based daily said the 30-year loan has a five year grace period with an interest rate of 1.45 per cent. The funds will be administered by the Central Bank of Jordan and distributed via the country’s commercial banks.
- Deflation shocks in emerging markets and the GCC currency peg
- Crashing oil: has the time come for GCC countries to tax their citizens?
- Moody indeed: how did Moody's rate the ME's banks for 2015?
- The Middle East's Switzerland? Lebanon's banking secrecy is here to stay
- Precious retirement: why UAE expats are moving their pensions out of the UK