World Bank $70 million loan for SMEs in Jordan
Jordan Times reports the deal was signed 16 April by Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Jafar Hassan and Ferid Belhaj, the World Bank's country director for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iran and Iraq.
The Amman-based daily said the 30-year loan has a five year grace period with an interest rate of 1.45 per cent. The funds will be administered by the Central Bank of Jordan and distributed via the country’s commercial banks.
- Giving up on the EU? Greece, Cyprus look to GCC investors
- Turkish whistleblower: government can hand over any bank to state fund
- Why Israelis are rushing to empty out their Swiss bank accounts
- Wealth in the land of Arab Spring: Egypt's top ten richest men in 2014
- Will the US dollar peg protect GCC currencies?