World Bank $70 million loan for SMEs in Jordan
Jordan Times reports the deal was signed 16 April by Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Jafar Hassan and Ferid Belhaj, the World Bank's country director for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iran and Iraq.
The Amman-based daily said the 30-year loan has a five year grace period with an interest rate of 1.45 per cent. The funds will be administered by the Central Bank of Jordan and distributed via the country’s commercial banks.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal