World's largest petrochemicals plant to be built in Qatar
Qatar petroleum (QP) and US Exxon-Mobil declared on Monday they have signed principles of agreement to establish the world's largest petrochemicals plant.
According to the agreement, the US $ 2 billion project is planned to produce some 1.6 million tonnes of ethylene per annum. This quantity will be processed to produce some 420,000 tonnes of linear low-density polyethylene, 420,000 tonnes of low-density polyethylene and 420,000 tonnes of high-density polyethylene per year.
A letter of intent for the project will be inked next July, while construction works are expected to be completed in 2010.
- ORPIC $3.6bn plastic manufacturing project to start in 6 months
- Qatar: Technip signs US$ 800 million contract
- Sabic signs LOI with Stone & Webster for engineering, procurement and construction of HDPE plant at Yansab affiliate
- SABIC signs deal for construction of Polyolefins complex
- Sasol building polymer plant in Iran