World's largest petrochemicals plant to be built in Qatar
Qatar petroleum (QP) and US Exxon-Mobil declared on Monday they have signed principles of agreement to establish the world's largest petrochemicals plant.
According to the agreement, the US $ 2 billion project is planned to produce some 1.6 million tonnes of ethylene per annum. This quantity will be processed to produce some 420,000 tonnes of linear low-density polyethylene, 420,000 tonnes of low-density polyethylene and 420,000 tonnes of high-density polyethylene per year.
A letter of intent for the project will be inked next July, while construction works are expected to be completed in 2010.
- Octal Petrochemicals to become world’s largest pet producer on one site upon completion of pioneering plants in Salalah
- Qatar to Establish Gas-to-Liquid Plant
- World’s largest grassroots fertilizer complex to be built in Oman
- Gulf’s largest power plant to be built by Qatar
- Qatar Petroleum, Hydro sign agreement to build one of the world’s largest aluminium plants