Yemen approves 2013 budget
The government [of Yemen] approved Sunday a draft of the state's general budget for 2013 of over YR 2 trillion.
In an exceptional meeting chaired by Prime Minister Mohammed Salem Basindwa, the cabinet referred the budget draft to the parliament to finalize the required constitutional measures before the final approval.
The draft showed that the 2013 approved budget was estimated at YR 2,084,211,645,000, which is slightly less than the 2012 budget of YR 2,111,129,453,000
According to the draft, the expected deficit of 2013 is to exceed YR 0.6 trillion (YR682,787,340,000) compared to nearly YR 0.5 trillion (YR561,611,320,000) in 2012.
Yemen's general budget of 2011 was amounting to over YR 1.5 trillion with a deficit estimated at YR 316.4 billion.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal