Yemen approves 2013 budget
The government [of Yemen] approved Sunday a draft of the state's general budget for 2013 of over YR 2 trillion.
In an exceptional meeting chaired by Prime Minister Mohammed Salem Basindwa, the cabinet referred the budget draft to the parliament to finalize the required constitutional measures before the final approval.
The draft showed that the 2013 approved budget was estimated at YR 2,084,211,645,000, which is slightly less than the 2012 budget of YR 2,111,129,453,000
According to the draft, the expected deficit of 2013 is to exceed YR 0.6 trillion (YR682,787,340,000) compared to nearly YR 0.5 trillion (YR561,611,320,000) in 2012.
Yemen's general budget of 2011 was amounting to over YR 1.5 trillion with a deficit estimated at YR 316.4 billion.
- Why empowering women is good for business
- Does Iran really need the Geneva deal to save its economy? Maybe something else is needed....
- Iraq's other war: the gruesome fight against corruption and bureaucracy
- Is the GCC-US business driven "marriage of convenience" about to be over?
- The not-so-glamourous side of the Western expat's life in Dubai