Yemen offers oil fields for international investment
Yemen has announced five new oil fields for international investment
The [Yemeni] Ministry of Oil and Minerals announced five new onshore and offshore oil sectors for investment to international companies.
The five blocks are distributed on four onshore blocks include Jawf block 19 in the basin of Sabatain, and North Balhaf block 28 in the basin of Balhaf, and Rayan block 57 in the basin of the Empty Quarter, and the block 58 in the basin southwest of the Empty Quarter, and the onshore - offshore block (Aden - Abyan)17 in the sedimentary basin of Ade - Abyan.
Minister of Oil and Minerals, Ahmed Abdullah Daris, said to Saba on Monday that this move come after the continued requests that rolled on the oil ministry by the oil companies that have expressed interest in acquiring the concession in a number of the blocks mentioned above or the 15 blocks that have been announced earlier.
Dares called on the international oil companies wishing to acquire the concession in the new five oil blocks or the 15 blocks to apply for these blocks to the Ministry during the period up to May 15, 2013.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?