Yemeni premier meets Russian investment delegation
Yemen reports increased investment in industrial, service sectors
Prime Minister Mohammed Salem Basindwa met on Saturday a Russian economic and investment delegation, headed by Russian deputy minister of Economic Development Alexei Likhachev who is currently visiting Yemen.
During the meeting, they discussed possibilities for development of mutual cooperation between the two countries in economic and investment spheres, and mechanisms of strengthening Russian investments in Yemen, particularly in the fields of oil, gas, electricity, energy and industrial areas.
The Prime Minister expressed his aspiration that this visit will promote cooperation relations between Yemen and Russia in various fields and will attract more Russian investments to Yemen.
For their part, the Russian official and businessmen said their visit to Yemen was to explore investment opportunities in the country in the fields of oil, metals, electricity and investment banking, stressing they would hold a meeting with a number of Yemeni companies to study joint projects which can be set up.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge