Yemen: US$100 million football stadium to be built
International firms are competing to win a bid for constructing a stadium in Abyan province where the 20th Gulf Football Cup matches would be held in 2010, the state-run 26sep.net reported on Tuesday. The general manager of the studies and designs division at the Yemeni Public Works Ministry, Abdul-Rahman al-Samawi, disclosed that a total of 18 international companies have submitted their offers for the stadium project which will cost about US$100 million.
According to Al-Samawi, a joint committee from the ministries of youth and sports and public works has been formed to decide the winner of the bid. The wining company is due to start the construction works in May. The construction of the 1 million square meters stadium will be completed within two years. A sports city would be established along with the stadium, SABA news agency added.
- ID 180 million to rebuild Al-Kashafa football stadium
- Morocco starts construction works of US $90.7 million sport compound
- Bahrain starts works on Khalifa Sport City
- 830 million dirham contract positions Dubai Sports City as centre of global sporting excellence
- Dubai Sports City signs contract with Al Naboodah Contracting