Yemen: US$100 million football stadium to be built
International firms are competing to win a bid for constructing a stadium in Abyan province where the 20th Gulf Football Cup matches would be held in 2010, the state-run 26sep.net reported on Tuesday. The general manager of the studies and designs division at the Yemeni Public Works Ministry, Abdul-Rahman al-Samawi, disclosed that a total of 18 international companies have submitted their offers for the stadium project which will cost about US$100 million.
According to Al-Samawi, a joint committee from the ministries of youth and sports and public works has been formed to decide the winner of the bid. The wining company is due to start the construction works in May. The construction of the 1 million square meters stadium will be completed within two years. A sports city would be established along with the stadium, SABA news agency added.
- World Cup 2022 Stadiums: Qatar boasts 12 architectural multi-million marvels
- Syria threatens Qatari investments
- Saudi investors sought for Italy stadium project
- This times it's North Koreans! Modern-day slavery still 'rampant' in Qatar
- Morocco starts construction works of US $90.7 million sport compound