Bewitching: Abu Dhabi police launches witch-hunt
Abu Dhabi police are trying to break the spell of sorcerers on ordinary people.
The police have launched an awareness campaign called Amman, encouraging people to come forward and report anyone practicing witchcraft or sorcery.
The drive comes in the wake of complaints from people who say they have been conned.
As part of the campaign, the police recently released a cartoon illustrating a sorcerer as he tries to con a victim into giving him cash.
Psychologist Dr Mohammad Au Al A’ynean said people who resort to witchcraft to solve their problems are desperate. “They go to people practicising witchcraft as a last resort despite being aware that it won’t work,” she said.
Residents have been asked to report such people to the police immediately.
- Omani police urge Muslims to stop meddling in magic
- Beggars CAN be choosers: watch out for phony Emirati bums
- Holy Ramadan! No more driving fines?! UAE police have another plan...
- Dubai police launch operation 'Desert without Blood' to crackdown on quad bike joy riders
- One time too slow: UAE police arrest driver with 580 traffic violations after she is caught speeding