Bewitching: Abu Dhabi police launches witch-hunt
Boo! Abu Dhabi is under a spell and hunts witches down. (Photo for illustrative purposes only).
Abu Dhabi police are trying to break the spell of sorcerers on ordinary people.
The police have launched an awareness campaign called Amman, encouraging people to come forward and report anyone practicing witchcraft or sorcery.
The drive comes in the wake of complaints from people who say they have been conned.
As part of the campaign, the police recently released a cartoon illustrating a sorcerer as he tries to con a victim into giving him cash.
Psychologist Dr Mohammad Au Al A’ynean said people who resort to witchcraft to solve their problems are desperate. “They go to people practicising witchcraft as a last resort despite being aware that it won’t work,” she said.
Residents have been asked to report such people to the police immediately.
- Omani police urge Muslims to stop meddling in magic
- Abu Dhabi Police launch Aviation Security Awareness Campaign
- Abu Dhabi Police raids three companies for using pirated software
- Don't mess with the UAE's police! Abu Dhabi reveals $3.4 million robocop car
- ICDL GCC Foundation announces cooperation with Abu Dhabi Police