Dude looks like a lady! Red-faced Iranian criminal forced into Kurdish female dress
Security forces in Iran’s Kurdish province punished a criminal by forcing him to wear the feminine traditional Kurdish outfit in public in a bid to humiliate him, a local news agency said Wednesday.
The NNSROJ Kurdish news agency in Iran said the convict was obliged to tour the city streets while wearing the dress after a court verdict was issued hours earlier.
Hundreds of Iranian women in the city of Marivan marched to protest the decision they described as a disgraceful act by Iranian security forces.
“This means of punishment is degrading to women in general and specifically Kurdish women,” one of them said.
Marivan‘s Judicial court delivered a similar judgment earlier this month against three other criminals. The thugs were forced on Monday to wear red feminine Kurdish dresses.
The Feminist Kurdish Union in Iran organized peaceful demonstrations and women that took part wore the red Kurdish dresses out of respect for their traditional costume. They also chanted slogans that condemned the “insulting policies” against Kurdish society in Iran.
Kurdistan’s Women’s Union has also reported various other harms committed by Iranian security forces.
What do you think of the man's punishment? Is it degrading to Kurdish women? Share your comments with us below!
- Kurdish men do drag for equality
- Even in times of war, Syria's Kurdish refugees have something to celebrate
- Throw your hijabs in the air like you just don't care! Thousands of Iranian women ditch their hijabs on Facebook
- How "progressive" is Jordan now? New court ruling on veiled women may suggest otherwise....
- Red scare! Naked woman wearing nothing but red undies caught in Iran's streets