Dubai sexpats speak out after guilty verdict
A couple who have been ordered to serve two months in a Dubai jail after being found guilty of having sex in the back of a taxi claim they have been financially crippled by their court battle.
Brit Rebecca Blake, 30, and a 28-year-old Irishman have spent more than a year fighting their cases.
A final appeal hearing earlier this week upheld their two-month jail terms. The pair were originally arrested on May 4, 2012 after a 10-hour drinking session that ended with them having sex in a taxi.
The Irishman told Independent.ie: “I am disappointed after coming this far and fighting these allegations for so long. I feel they are making an example of us.”
Blake added: “I am devastated by this result and gutted this has been dragging on for a year. I cannot wait to get home and start my life now, but I am very scared about going to prison.”
The pair said they have spent more than Dhs250,000 trying to clear their names.
Do you believe the pair's claims that they are innocent? Share your comments with us below!
- Dubai sexpats take their case to the appeal court in desperate last ditch attempt
- Back to the bar? Dubai sexpats get sentence cut by a month
- Sexpats busted by taxi driver found guilty in Dubai court
- The walk of shame: Dubai's taxi sexpat calls in damage control
- Get a room! Hotel manager and his lover jailed after wife finds them in bed in Dubai