Egypt’s national anthem butchered by army orchestra!
Angela Merkel was present, along with Vladimir Putin when the events took place. (AFP)
Click here to add Aron Ayesh as an alert
Disable alert for Aron Ayesh,
Click here to add Egyptian army as an alert
Disable alert for Egyptian army,
Click here to add Facebook as an alert
Disable alert for Facebook,
Click here to add Sada as an alert
Disable alert for Sada,
Click here to add Vladimir Putin as an alert
Disable alert for Vladimir Putin
This is just sad and embarrassing. We understand that we need to work on the quality of everything served in Egypt, but this is just sad
A video on Facebook page 'In the NOW' went viral and we are not happy about it. It shows the Egyptian army orchestra completely destroying the national anthem in front of world leaders, such as Angela Merkel and Vladimir Putin.
The embarrassing part is hearing international orchestras giving our anthem more justice than Egyptians. How is this possible? Are the instruments they’re using old or are they simply careless? This needs to get fixed ASAP.
- Cairo Opera Orchestra to hold magical concert on the Red Sea
- A timeless talent lives on as Abdel Wahab's music is set to be performed worldwide
- How did "Star of the East" Umm Kulthum become the most iconic singer of this century?
- Mawazine Festival beats out "Rhythms of the World" in Rabat this week
- Ghosts of Sabra and Shatila Haunt Sharon in Brussels, Beirut and Cairo